Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mini Project Day 1

This week we set up our mini aquariums for lab. In my aquarium I put water from Dean's Woods Spring Creek. That is located in Knoxville, Tennessee. We also put two plants inside. The first plant was Amblestegium sp. Moss. Collection from: Natural spring. at Carters Mill Park, Carter Mill Road, Knox Co. TN. and the second plant was Utricularia gibba L. Flowering plant. A carnivous plant. Original material from south shore of Spain Lake, Camp Bella Air Rd. East of Sparta Tn. in White Co.. We made sure to include a little dirt/mud as well. Looking through the microscope at my mini aquarium I was unable to see any micro-organisms. It was only day one so I am anxious to see what will be there this week. Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment